Microsoft Certified Trainer
Remote Excel and Power BI Services
If you have Excel or Power BI requirements and are lacking the resource within your team to tackle them, I can help out. I am a Microsoft Certified Professional in BI Reporting. I offer remote consulting in data analysis and reporting using Microsoft Excel and/or Power BI. I work with clients to:
* optimize existing Excel workbooks
* build or update reports and dashboards in Excel or Power BI to gain insights from single or multiple data sources
* leverage the Office 365 suite of apps to streamline business intelligence and reporting
I can complete all the work myself, freeing you up for other projects, or I can work with you to tackle the project hands on, teaching you the skills you'll need to replicate similar reports or documents.
Get in touch with any inquiries or potential projects.
Training & Courses
If you are interested in training for yourself or employees contact me for availability. I am a Microsoft Certified Trainer since 2017. I offer private and small group remote training sessions for end users at all levels in the following subjects:
- Power BI
- Microsoft Teams
- Office 365 (including Planner/Tasks, Forms, OneDrive, Word, PowerPoint, OneNote, Visio, Outlook)
- Power Apps and Power Automate (formally Microsoft Flow)
- MS Project
- Transact SQL
Content covers timesaving techniques, best practice tips and of course technical how to guidance. All classes are tailored to fit each student's needs to ensure you excel with whatever your immediate requirements may be. Depending on the client's level, subject, budget and requirements, courses are:
- 1 hour to 6 hours in length
- one-off up-skill or weekly consultations available
- held virtually from the comfort of your own home or office *
- private or small group (max 4 students per public course)
- from $180 (USD) / half day training
- contact me for daily and corporate rates
* In New Zealand I work exclusively through ACE Training to deliver both in person and remote training courses.
If you're wondering if I'm the right person for the job, please have a look at my qualifications and experience using this website. Don't take my word for it, view my references to get the full picture. If you have any questions, just let me know when you submit your inquiry. All inquiries are free, no obligation. I look forward to hearing from you.
Microsoft Certified Trainer
ACE Training; Auckland, New Zealand; September 2017 - Present
Working with ACE Training, I help businesses and individuals improve their computer skills and work more efficiently. I specialise in small group lessons and private consultancies across the Microsoft Office suite (including Office 365, Power BI, Sharepoint, MS Project, Microsoft Teams, PowerApps, Power Automate and more). I provide customised course material tailored to meet the needs of my clients and ensure the content is real and relevant, so that they can easily apply their newly acquired skills in their work environment.
Private Tutor; Mt Wellington, New Zealand; August 2003 - Present
I have worked as a private tutor for over ten years, currently located in the Auckland suburb of Mt Wellington. I am an experienced teacher and university qualified in engineering. I love tutoring private students, as it gives me the opportunity to share my passion for learning.
Please browse my website or view my references to get a better understanding of my qualifications for tutoring.
If you're looking for a tutor for you or your child, and like what you've seen here, please contact me for a free consult. Tutoring home studio is located in Mt Wellington, Auckland or I can travel to your home. I will tailor the lessons to suit you and your student.
Flash Bang Science Club; Auckland, New Zealand; April 2017 - October 2017
The Flash Bang Science Club aims to bring science to life with fun filled, action packed science and technology sessions for students 7 years and up. Lessons focus on key areas in the 'STEM' fields of science, technology, engineering and mathematics.
Working as a Scientific Investigator, or tutor, for the Flash Bang Science Club is a great outlet for my creativity. I love seeing what the kids come up with, and passing on my love of STEM to the next generation.
ME 170: Computer Aided Design Grader/Tutor
University of Illinois; Urbana, Illinois, USA; September 2006 - May 2010
I worked for the Mechanical Science and Engineering department at the University of Illinois as a grader for a laboratory class for freshman. As grader, I was not only responsible for grading and providing feedback on weekly lab assignments, but also for assisting students during their weekly lab sessions.
Games Camp Counselor/Tutor
University of Illinois; Urbana, Illinois, USA; August 2006 & 2007
GAMES Camp stands for Girls Adventures in Math, Engineering and Science. This camp is designed to show girls that STEM fields are not just for boys. Girls can do them too!
This camp is an overnight camp for one week during the month of August (before school starts). It is run by the Women in Engineering department at University of Illinois. I worked as a counselor for this camp during the summer of 2006 and 2007. As a counselor, I was in charge of a group of 10 teenage girls day and night. I assisted them with their projects- making a video game using Squeak SmallTalk. We played games and hung out during free time. We shared meals together. I made sure that they were safe and felt comfortable at night and throughout their stay at the camp (for some of them, it was their first time away from home).
Overall, I acted as a role model for these girls to show them that girls can be engineers too. I helped them with their projects and during class time, and answered their questions about engineering. But mostly, we were just a group of girls having fun adventures with math, engineering and science!
- Trained SQL database administrators and data analysts in best practice data storytelling using Power BI, Excel Power Tools
- Developed curriculum and supporting course material for 8 new courses over 10 months
- Coached business professionals on time management strategies and tools
- Created and implemented staff development programme to up-skill staff in key procedures and policy, addressing the issue of repeated errors in staff performance
- Designed and authored E-Learning content for various companies, catering for accessibility and staff engagement